[Theforum] Re: Case study: Monkey Speak

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Apr 29 09:27:48 CDT 2002

>To get the Evolt restructuring underway I made a case study: How to set
>up the Monkey Speak group. See
>
>http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/CaseStudy

Are you intending this document to be created by theforum and/or the
steering committee, or are you intending this to be the document created
by the group itself? I got the impression it was the former. Maybe I
misunderstand things somewhat, but I thought that one of the beauties of
this system was that imposed regulations by the steering committee on the
group would be limited (reporting, basic form that would effect the system
as a whole, etc.). The rest would be left up to the group. They're the
ones who are doing the work. They're the "experts", if you will. I think
it's important that they develop how they run.

Things like communication from group to steering comittee, communication
among groups, how the steering commmittee is created, etc. would be
decided by the steering committee. But I don't see much sense in the
steering committee dictating how many people can work on propaganda.

i do like the work you've put into this. i just think it should be clear
that this document should come from the group itself, imo.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com