<tips> Calendar .. was Re: [Theforum] sponsorships

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Apr 30 02:50:13 CDT 2002

> do you really think we have enough *CHOKE* 'brand recognition' though to
> sell calendars in any sort of retail outlet? maybe we do, i don't know..

It's not going to happen in the foreseeable future. Anyone believing
otherwise at this stage would be surely kidding themselves? (Just being
realistic here)

> i could easily see us selling 100 calendars @ $10 each year to cover
> 1/12th the cost of that years bandwidth though..

We could also find out who is buying to support evolt.org and who is buying
because they also want a calendar (I don't use a mousepad or calendar FWIW).
Are we better off if people directly contribute the $10?

And while a calendar at your desk is going to (to some extent) market the
name, there might be more efficient options (postcards/packs distributed to
programming and design studios, etc).

Again, I'd strongly suggest that we push hard on MEO people for donations
for the exceptional offering they're getting. $1/month x 1000 users x 12
months = $12k. And $1/month is virtually nothing.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au