[Theforum] sponsorships

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu May 2 05:07:53 CDT 2002

Luther, Ron said:
> Hi Lach,
>

> (1) Exactimundo!  ... wanna draft a first rev at that "evolt
> sponsorship code of ethics"?   ;-)

http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/EthicsCode

I'm for adding:

*Evolt.org shall acknowledge Powderfinger as gods of music.

to the list as well.

> (2) The billing issue was in reference to 'installments' - e.g. some
> fine company says "I'll sponsor for six months if I can pay a month
> at a time."  We greedily say yes ... and they stop paying after month
> 4 ... now what?

We also say 'we must receive your payment before the start of each month. If
it's late in then we will cut the sponsorship till we receive the amount.
The loss of this time is the responsibility of your business.' so that if we
got it a day late then they'd miss out on a day (but the same money for us),
and if they didn't send it at all, we haven't given anything away for free.

Lach