Group Names .. was .. Re: [Theforum] Charter Working Group

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu May 2 05:12:51 CDT 2002

Joel Canfield said:
>> This might be premature .. but I don't think we should be
>> using frontend/backend as group names.  That's too confusing
>> with actual workflow/development issues.
>
> +1

-1

I'm pretty much agreeing with Isaac here. You need a seperate group for
frontend, backend, and hardware. The trouble is the large difference between
frontend and backend. There'll always be a gulf between them. Issues like IA
I would argue are backend ones because they're integral to the architecture,
whereas frontend is about making a good interface.

Do I need to clarify this further?

Lach