[Theforum] sponsorships

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Thu May 2 07:52:55 CDT 2002

Hi Aardvark,

****************
that's actually a really good idea...

codifying what's acceptable gets us past that... mire...
****************

Thanks!  Yup - that was my thinking - I'm just a little short on time this week ...

Hi Lach,

**************
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/EthicsCode
**************

Cool start!  I had an idea or two to add to the philosophy -- something about 'supporting the exchange of ideas' that I haven't worded well yet --- the idea is that we need to give the decision makers something vague yet clear [Gee - maybe I *DO* have some potential for 'design' ... or at least management?] that they can point to as an "out" for turning down persistent yet offensive potential sponsors ... but I think that's a very good start at the "guiding principles" surrounding the sponsorship thing.

I was also kicking around some 'formalization' ideas [I know - "yuck"] that I'll try to get down ... I haven't messed with the wiki yet but I'll see if I can squeeze in a little time to jot some things down related to the "how".  Stuff like:

* Any member can forward a sponsorship 'lead' to the sponsorship committee. [... which will be called what?  Frito Jackson?  Monkey wave-arms-and-wink-in-sad-bid-for-attention?]

* The committee shall consist of four registered evolt.org members who will accept or decline the sponsorship on a case-by-case basis.  All acceptance decisions will be made by consensus.  All evolt.org sponsorship decisions will be made by this committee. [Accept no substitutes!  ... Division of responsibility stuff.]  Committee members will serve a 1 year term.

* Initial committee members will be {throws out some names without consulting anybody at all} Dan & Adrian serving 1 year starting May 1 2002, [... and they didn't even know they were sentenced, folks!] with Lach, and Martin B serving a six month term starting May 1, 2002 in order to start the process whereby half the committee will renew every six months to ensure new ideas as well as some continuity.

* Current alternates: .Jeff and Erika.

* Election procedure .... blah

* Procedure to review or overturn committee decision ....

* Procedure to remove committee member from office ....

* Procedure to fill vacated office .... [alternates | interim elections/appointments(?)]

* Procedure to archive/record decisions ...

* Procedure(s) to handle the cash/billing/dunning/retribution/vengeance! ... {Ooops ... got a little carried away there ...   ;-)   }   Move along, nothing to see here ...

& stuff like that there,

RonL.