Group Names .. was .. Re: [Theforum] Charter Working Group

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu May 2 09:10:58 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lachlan Cannon" <luminosity at members.evolt.org>

| I'm pretty much agreeing with Isaac here. You need a seperate group for
| frontend, backend, and hardware. The trouble is the large difference
between
| frontend and backend. There'll always be a gulf between them. Issues like
IA
| I would argue are backend ones because they're integral to the
architecture,
| whereas frontend is about making a good interface.
|
| Do I need to clarify this further?

Lach,

No, you don't need to clarify your position further.  I understand what you
are saying and I disagree.  Read the rest of what Isaac and I were
discussing.  He was missing a group from his definitions and I was trying to
make sense of "frontend" being that missing group.  ;)  IOW, both of us were
a bit confused .. ;)

That said .. we will need one rather large working group .. currently the
Monkey See Group as identified in the structure chart:
http://members.evolt.org/djc/evolt/temp/new.gif.

This will be a large group .. the one responsible for all development,
design and IA of all evolt.org projects.  That said, I also mentioned some
of my initial ideas in my responses to Isaac.

More to follow next week when I return from Toronto this weekend...

Michele

("return from Toronto" .. that sounds odd .. after 33 years of always
"returning to Toronto")