[Theforum] quick change

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 19:37:39 CDT 2002

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>
>
> adrian is the new thelist admin. i'm tired of battling about the whole

also admin for thesite, too, i was surprised to discover... both lists
were closed to non-subscribers when i receive them, so i'll be
handling anyone posting from non-subbed addys...

now, btw, is a *great* time to finalize the responsibility sharing,
because it seems i'm the *only* one with access right now and
that's, well, A Bad Idea(tm)...

> issue and getting personaly bitchslapped offlist everytime i try don't
> agree with something.

i can confidently say he doesn't mean me (only because i didn't
approach him offlist, and when i replied to him offlist, i was polite --
posts available if my integrity is in question here)...

> i've made the technical argument for the way things are, but have
> changed  thelist to they way its being asked for and the most vocal
> proponent of that plan is dealing with the repurcusions, not me.

what he said...

> as i mentioned to adrian, if any changes are needed on the OS level,
> i'll be happy to make them. he has access to everything else.

and for that (making changes on OS level), i am grateful...

otherwise, let's get some proper timezones and bloodlines
represented here... dan, i'd like to think you'd *be* a list admin, but
i can understand if you're still upset... i'd like to say that the door is
open without sounding like a wanker, but since you can re-set
yourself anytime anyway to assist, feel free to do so... we shouldn't
have just one person doing this...

> its pretty apparent that a couple very outspoken people don't want me
> to have anything to do with evolt anymore, no matter how much they
> sugar coat it.

let me know who they are and i'll slap them around...

> i do thank them for having he courtesy to bring out the personal
> attcks on and off list while i was in the country this time though.

??  still looking for the personal attacks...

> there have been those of us who've said we put so much time into evolt
> because its fun, ya know? how fun are some of you making it?
>
> and maybe i'll just take a breather right here before i say something
> that i may regret later.

well, you deserve it...

now, can we finally bring this issue to a close?  is there *anyone*
who has an issue with the closed lists (since they are already
closed)?  any other feedback so we can move on?

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself