[Theforum] quick change

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Wed May 8 14:33:11 CDT 2002

From: "Ron Dorman" <rwd at csi1st.net>

| I would have to reinforce Michelle's statement that all of admin list
| members used to have access and be able to handle the tasks of email
| management.

no. that is not true. for the same reason that has been stated now, giving
the access to 20+ admin members is giving the access to too many.
This has rightfully been Dan's argument about list administration all
along.

and even back in october or so dan changed the passwords on the lists
because (again rightfully) he felt too many had access already.

so, never, in all the history of evolt.org have all the admins had access
to manage the lists. and we've all agreed that *that* was the right
approach.

however the disagreement has somewhat been how access to list management
has been handed out, but let's not get into that once more. we are changing
it for the better by defining those new groups and only assigning
temprorary list management now too meet the sudden need for it.

thanks
elfur