[Theforum] (no subject)

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Fri May 10 21:20:16 CDT 2002

Martin wrote:

> On Saturday, May 11, 2002, at 01:41  am, Daniel J. Cody wrote:
>
>> A number(inculding yourself) have asked, in
>> varying levels of politeness, for me to give up
>> responsibilites/power/duties/etc up,
>

> ...as indeed has happened to *all* Admin people. It's
> a process of opening it up to the community which has
> been happening since the autumn.
>
>> which I'm in the process of doing.
>

> As are we all, Dan. And that's A Good Thing. There
> shouldn't be *any* complaining, gloating or anything other
> than quiet acknowledgement that it's happening, and
> the evolt.org community is running itself, rather than
> a small group of people running evolt.org on evolt.org's
> behalf.
>
> Like it says in the footer, we should *all* end up being
> in a position where we can leave without damaging the
> community. I could leave, you could leave, everyone here
> could leave, and the community continues without us.
> And that's fine, because the community is ultimately more
> important.

I agree with these statements.  However, we have to ensure

that technically capable people are available and in place

to support the community and keep everything running smoothly.

I personally think what is going on now is premature for evolt.org's
best interest and would like to see it stop and take a step or two
backward while we get more people in position to help and develop
needed organization of support groups.  I do not believe we can make the
transition now without hiccups and extraordinary effort from some of us.
     It could damage evolt.org.

You see Martin, the old saying "you should be careful what you ask for

because you may get it" is kicking in here.  You see, everything may

not have been to everyone's liking, but they were what they were for a

reason, even if not understood by all of us.

Ron D.