[Theforum] Restructure (modified)

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed May 15 10:14:07 CDT 2002

> And with a parent group (SC - Steering Committee) made up of
> 2 members of each subgroup.

I'm concerned about this number -- it seems too few. I'm also worried
about the turnover in the steering committee. I'm worried that we'll end
up dropping things because the interested parties have turned over and a
new group is in place.

> Each group shall decide how to elect their two
> representatives (+1 voting, voting application, whatever).
> Said reps should be encouraged to cycle at a predefined
> period to be decided by each group individually.
>
> Volunteers should serve within a maximum of three groups so
> as to maximise their efficiency. They cannot serve as a rep
> for more than one group concurrently, nor serve on the SC for
> more than 6 continuous months as a representative of the same
> group. This will be a requirement that applies to each group.

So, in the paragraph above this... They can cycle during a period
defined by each working group as long as it's not longer than 6 months?

- ae