[Theforum] EvoltMove

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed May 15 15:23:23 CDT 2002

> From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>
>
> > And with a parent group (SC - Steering Committee) made up of
> > 2 members of each subgroup.
>
> let me be blunt (for a change -- heh)

like a koosh ball on a rubberband...

> who's in charge of each of the groups?  i mean, today?
>
> when are the groups going to elect their steering committee members?

good question... we've got good progress, but we have no timetable
yet... we've got agreement on the concept, as well as names, so
maybe we're ready to start hammering that out?

> when is the steering committee going to strike a new group (my
> suggestion: EvoltMove) to plan for and execute the move which must
> happen before january?

now sounds like a good time, or maybe even yesterday...

> or is the steering committee going to plan the move?  or are we going
> to hash it out here on theforum?

hmmm... i suspect both will happen, but dunno how to approach
it...

> i am truly sorry if this comes across as negative, because you know
> i'm not a negative guy

how could that be seen as negative?  it's a valid set of questions
about a pressing issue...  please don't apologize for trying to kick-
start things if you see them languishing...

> but i've been around and in particular i have watched these
> discussions about organization and structure and process and so on
> before -- and they've taken a lot longer than seven months, with very
> little (compared to what's involved in a move) to show for them
>
> the wiki is great progress, by the way -- i really like it

+1

> so, i shall ask again -- who's in charge of the move?
>
> i don't want to lead this effort, and i doubt i'm qualified even to be
> in the move group, but i do feel a sense of urgency to get it in gear

i'd say that you should lead it, because you're sense of urgency on
it can be the energy needed... i understand your concerns, but
even if you don't want to lead it, be a part of it... whichever of us
works on it will at *least* need you nipping at our heels...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself