[Theforum] meo (was: [Fwd: Re: [xxxchat] My situation (plight of a newbie)])

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Sat May 18 12:47:56 CDT 2002

hey lach

Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> a) what box does meo have? full hardware details...

full details for meo(and all machines) are here:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020218/003176.html
theres also some details on the FAQ:
http://members.evolt.org/faq/

the meo box was the biggest/baddest box evolt had because of the work it
did. the meo service could get by on something much less kick ass,
althouh it'd be a bit slower etc.

> b) how much of the boxes capibilities is it using? whats it's growth like?

in terms of disk space, its at aboutu 30%(matt sent exact details
yesterday i think). in terms of CPU cycles, thats where it needed the
upgrade. it had dual 500Mhz P3's and they were getting a bit long in the
tooth. growth is around 3-5 new accounts per week, each of which can be
a different level of usage.

> c) how much bandwidth is meo using?

http://members.evolt.org/stats/apr2002stats.html
4.3Gb for april(change the 3 lettter month string in that URL for past
months)

hth, lemme know if you have any other questions for me...

Dan