[Theforum] finding a home for weo & leo

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon May 20 06:59:50 CDT 2002

On Monday, May 20, 2002, at 12:47  pm, Martin wrote:

> The important question is "Is it in the net best interests of evolt.org
> to own hardware?" If the answer is 'No', then there's a secondary set of
> questions about when and how to stop doing so.

Forgot to say - this is of course a good time to be thinking about this.

We also need to be thinking through the criteria we'd use to evaluate
potential hosts. For me, one of the key things is that, whether or not
it's donated, it's run as a professional service (complete with
enforceable SLAs), rather than as a favour which runs the risk of not
being a priority when it needs attention.

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,