[Theforum] RE: Prioritization vote: [The forum] Re: meo

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue May 21 07:21:01 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 01:09  pm, Holographic ..Alan.. wrote:

> OK now .Jeff has found these can we put a stop to them? Who has the
> access to do this? Who usually looks out for them?
>
> Or will we have to talk for a few weeks. Then vote about terminating
> them. Then forget about them?

We already have a procedure for handling it.

If you're doing something relatively innocent like hosting images or
downloads, you get a request to move them asap and a sane amount of time
(a week's usually good, but some leeway allowed for people on holiday
etc). Refusal to comply results in account loss.

If your whole account purpose is for something iffy (like warez or
porn), then you get a very short period of time to move your stuff, then
you lose the account.

People we know and can vouch for ignorance rather than malice get a bit
more flexibility and space for discussion about timing.

(hand up to confess - until this morning, I'd forgotten that I was using
meo as an image server for a couple of photo pages on
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/photos/ . I don't think any photo page on my
site now links to meo.)
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,