[Theforum] Re: meo

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue May 21 22:19:47 CDT 2002

> > Being petty and resentful, I'm looking forward to the lame ass 'why we
> > can't continue to offer this killer service that you think is so cool'.

>From the posts I've contributed and read, I've thought that MEO has a very
good chance of continuing. It is an undeniable fact that it costs to run
(whether that is a cost to Dan personally, or met by the community as a
whole, etc).

> With good level headed people, interested in the best for
> evolt.org and the people using it, good will prevail.

+1

> Traffic is way down on all lists, aardvark is struggling with the change
> to subscriber-only posts on thelist, and all the changes that "the few"

I've not graphed a count of posts to lists. But, thelist seems healthy, and
far from "way down". It sure seems to be doing 100+ posts a day to me. I
come in after a weekend to 300+ emails from evolt.org lists. thechat always
seems to be busy. Our article count
(http://test.evolt.org/evolt/articlegraph.cfm) is showing better numbers
than the last 15 months.

> apparent now.  You should be able to tell who "the few" are, aardvark
> not one of them, just had a hardon for subscriber-only.

The support for subscriber-only was near-unanimous from each list polled
that I saw.

It was pretty fucking embarrassing when I had [thelist] folder open on
screen with a client watching over my shoulder, to have them see "XXX TEEN
PUSSY". If the cost to near-eradication of that kinda gear from our lists is
a gradual acclimatisation to the bounces and shit like that, then so be it.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au