[Theforum] Corporate sponsorship?

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Wed May 22 09:01:44 CDT 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Certainly that was a major reason. Other people may differ on

1) Whether it was the main reason (another major reason was to retain the
rights over content we produce)

2) What 'free from' means. We already have corporate sponsored software
(Chilisoft for one) and corporate sponsored community members (John Dowdell
for one), and unless we're pay commercial rates, we have corporate
sponsored bandwidth. If 'free from' means 'not accepting any support from'
we're already there, sorry, and have been for a very, very long time. If it
means 'not allowing corporate sponsorship to dictate what we say' then
we're OK and that won't change.

keep in mind that the MAIN reason why evolt.org was formed was to enable
  developers to have a place free of corporate sponsors.

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems.
computer.