[Theforum] monies?

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Thu May 23 08:12:55 CDT 2002

Martin wrote:

> Something like
> http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/EthicsCode
> as a start?

nice start indeed martin, thanks

i have some questions, is this referring to personal sponsors or
corporate sponsors? (i for one, would like to avoid getting companies
into our org, if possible, altough i recognize that it could be very
helpful)

i think that including sponsorship from companies would require some
more extensive and strict rules like:

- forbidding banners and listing their involvmente only in a 'sponsors'
page for such purpose

- stating that sponsors do not gain any copyright on the content
submitted by members in any form

- stating that sponsorship does not imply any right of decision in the direction (or steering of evolt.org), which will remain a subject of theforum only

- (add along)

and i think we'd need a proper organization set up before going that way
, a BOD and some law deals, we know how sharkinsh some companies en up

we can't deal with a huge corporation if we don't have a real structure
in place, we'd be in a very risky disadvantage, we've all seen small
groups benn eaten by corps, and it's also related to how we started.

thoughts?

--
javier
http://mantruc.com