[Theforum] funding options

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu May 23 19:35:44 CDT 2002

> why are you thinking of these two options as exclusive, and not use both?

No reason we wouldn't use both.

But I think there is great potential for the affiliate hosting program
working, being easier to deal with, and providing more support for our
services.

If I had to choose which to push first, I'd go with the hosting program.

For every one of the 7/whatever months that evolt.org continues to rely on
Dan's generosity, it's costing him USD$1000. We owe it to him to get this
stuff moving quickly.

We know how many boxes evolt.org has (and the extra 1 that we might need).
We know that we're averaging 100g/month in bandwidth. We have one potential
offer (at this stage unpriced) on the table from Ron.

This bit goes out to everyone: If you would like to see more options, go out
with the figures (5-6 boxes, not rackmountable; 100gb/month), and see what
you can find.

We're not jumping into anything that we don't have the money to cover, but
it'd be nice to know what figures we need to support.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au