[Theforum] meo box change..

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu May 23 20:33:48 CDT 2002

.jeff wrote:

> i appear to be one of the accounts that had shell access cut.
>
> so, since it affects me, i'd like to know why.
>
> elaborate please.

elaborate on _why_ you'd like to know? oh.. how it affects you?

i'm migrating the 'non-officially sanctioned' members.evolt.org
services, of which ssh is, as clearly stated in the FAQ, off the machine
in anticipation for it's eventual life away from the evolt.org family of
fine servers.

for someone who's only actually used ssh on meo 3 times in the last
month, i wouldn't expect it to affect you as much as the manner of which
it apparently has.

> has this change also affected how the pop accounts work?  as of today i now
> have to enter my password *every* time i check mail even though my mail
> client is setup to remember the password.  obviously, that's an unacceptable
> behavior and needs to be corrected asap.

no. get in touch with me and we'll find out if it's your email client or
the server responsible for the unacceptable behavior..

dan