[Theforum] community vs. corporations (was: funding options)

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Sun May 26 14:18:15 CDT 2002

Martin,

>Yeah, flat fees on small amounts are always going to be expensive.
>
>It's why we should encourage (but not demand of course) smaller numbers
>of larger sums if at all possible.

"smaller numbers of larger sums"?

>I think handling cash is going to be so much hassle for so little
>return, that I wonder whether it's worth doing.

On my end it might be possible (according to Matt's experience) to
get money changed with no fee at one of my banks. I can't check that
'til Tuesday (it being a holiday weekend).

All I can do is set it up and see what happens when people give
money. If it turns out not to be worth it we can rethink that
particular avenue of receiving funds.

Cheers,
Marlene