[Theforum] community vs. corporations (was: funding options)

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Sun May 26 14:31:53 CDT 2002

>It can be done, if you're prepared to hold onto
>3 months' worth of bank paperwork, and wait nearly
>a month before they're prepared to start accepting
>your money.
>
>Or in other words, if you're not in the US, Paypal
>is a completely hostile and pointless pursuit.
>
>Going Paypal-only would be a fantastic way of
>preventing anyone else in the world giving us money.

We won't go PayPal only, but we've got to find out if there are other
ways to receive money (besides the mail). Anyone know of a service
that is set up for different regions of the globe (like Europe, Asia,
South America, etc?). If PayPal takes care of the US, I hope there
would be options for other places.

If I have to set up accounts at different services and manage them,
I'm game for considering it.

Marlene