oops (was Re: [Theforum] Lists Closed to Subscription)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jun 5 04:04:40 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Chris Spruck" <cspruck at mindspring.com>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 5:13 AM
Subject: oops (was Re: [Theforum] Lists Closed to Subscription)

> [snip]
>
> How about cross-group communication though? Sounds like at least the
> group representatives are going to have to cross-sub to all the
> working groups so, for instance, Marketing can tell Development what
> they want or Content can add some new article feature by way of the
> Development group, and so forth. Or maybe use theforum as the go-
> between list.

that was my understanding ... it saves me, for example, from subscribing to
marketing and finance - areas I know I don't have an immediate and pertinent
day-to-day interest in, but I know I can summarize stuff by catching up on
the archives.  If a thread on theforum becomes less broad, it can be easily
shunted to the specific list.  If it remains cross-group, it can stay in
theforum.

again, that's my understanding of the list structure as it's standing at the
moment.

Still don't understand the cross-pollination of admin/content tho ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'