zeo/seo (was:Re: [Theforum] wiki down)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 08:47:40 CDT 2002

On Saturday, June 15, 2002, at 02:39  pm, Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> Martin Burns said:
>>
>> On Saturday, June 15, 2002, at 03:18  am, Ron Dorman wrote:
>>
>>> I would definitely need help setting it up.  I have a small box
>>> sitting in the office, currently a Linux desktop, that I could rebuild
>>> as a server.  PIII 400MH, 256MB memory, 40GB HD (will have to check
>>> but think these are correct specs).  I offered to put a site on it for
>>> Zope/Wiki for our Wiki Site.
>>>
>>> What says everyone about this?
>
> If we're going to go ahead with this (which we should...), how long
> will it
> take us to set up the subdomains required? what will they be? zope zeo
> and
> shop seo, I'm assuming. Also, how long will it take to get the CSS
> reworked
> for the two sites (different colours like all the evolot.org subistes
> have,
> I mean).

zeo is relatively easy (at least the wiki is) - it uses evolt-like
stylesheets which were contributed by evolters during the 'skin weo'
thinking (the contributers all kindly gave their permission to use them
on the wiki):
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/StyleSheet

One way to get zeo up and running quickly would be to have the domain
pointing at an Apache server on an existing *eo site, with Apache
proxypass-ing the requests through to Ron's machine.

For TagWear, see
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/TagWear
but we already have a fair amount of work already gone into it
(including at least 2 designs from Isaac)

   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,