zeo/seo (was:Re: [Theforum] wiki down)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Jun 16 10:02:44 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Lachlan Cannon" <luminosity at members.evolt.org>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Cc: <sysadmin at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 6:34 AM
Subject: Re: zeo/seo (was:Re: [Theforum] wiki down)

> Martin Burns said:
> > One way to get zeo up and running quickly would be to have the
> > domain pointing at an Apache server on an existing *eo site, with
> > Apache proxypass-ing the requests through to Ron's machine.
>
> You mean set zope.evolt.org up right now, and when Ron has the
> machine ready A) change zeo to point to that machine, and
> B) In the meantime have the machine that zeo points to at the moment
> redirect requests to Ron's machine ?

I thought the rationale behind this was to quickly point zeo at (probably)
leo or weo, and then proxypass immediately to another machine, this means
minimal impact on an *eo box while zope etc is installed in the *eo
environs.  Once the *eo zope install is complete, we switch the proxypass to
ron off.  That's the only reason I saw of doing it - it saves pissing about
with DNS later on.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'