[Theforum] another online community in trouble

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Wed Jun 19 06:04:56 CDT 2002

---- Original Message ----
From: "Lachlan Cannon" <luminosity at members.evolt.org>
To: <theforum at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 11:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Theforum] another online community in trouble

> isaac said:
>
> > - simplify MEO somewhat, but retain it as a diary/blog solution for
> > members. and charge a small amount for it.

Interesting ... basically blogspot (without the ads) or blogger pro.  But
with a nice evolt USP.  Which we'd have to figure out.  :)

And would we develop a meoblog backend ourselves, or graft on movable type
or similar ...

> You mean that we take away the member hosting for anything but a
> blogspace and point them at f2o or something? I'm cool with that... I
> was gonna shift over anyway.

Also interesting.  Taking member hosting off *eo would definitely kill a
shitload of bandwidth and hardware requirements.  But it is a valuable
resource and selling point of evolt ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'