[Theforum] another online community in trouble

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jun 19 12:11:53 CDT 2002

> It fosters (mmm Fosters...) a real sense of community

agreed -- at least, the community part (fosters? ptui)

> Anyway, I'm not trying to jump on you, Adrian, but
> you're the only one talkin, and talking to myself is no fun...

just wanted to chime in here that many of us on theforum are keenly
interested and are paying attention but don't have a whole lot to add to
what's been said already

meo should be for experimentation, not production -- if joe blow has a
full-fledged blog going, then perhaps he's finished experimenting and
should move it elsewhere

also, meo should be for hardcore evolters, and i'm all in favour of putting
qualifying restrictions on it, like x number of cubes, y number of comments
on articles, and/or z number of posts to thelist

given the above two criteria, meo will probably not be a bandwidth hog, and
we should definitely keep it

rudy

p.s. did y'all read the mefi thread on kuro5hin?