[Theforum] another online community in trouble

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 19 13:16:46 CDT 2002

Adrian wrote:

>i'm not suggesting we kill it just to save bandwidth, i'm suggesting
>we examine if it's worth continuing given the options out there, what
>resources we have, and what it's cost to us is...

This reminds me of something I was just reading in Business 2.0. They
don't have the lead article up on their site, but it's about how to
beat Bill Gates. While we're not trying to do that, three of the
pointers are valuable in our case:

1. Do one thing very well. (Focus like a laser beam on what our members want.)
2. Innovate or die.
3. Don't take it personally.

The real question here is what do our members want? All three points
come down to that.

Rudy wrote:

>also, meo should be for hardcore evolters,

I strongly disagree. It should be a place that fosters community in
addition to being a learning space. To that end, we can make it a lot
better than it is.

Cheers,
Marlene