[Theforum] Re: Distributed bandwidth

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Sun Jun 23 16:33:54 CDT 2002

> Yeah. Works for me.

How big is the entire browser archive?

Here's something I posted to desdev, but I haven't got any feedback on
it over there yet:

I'm sure that members (like me) will be willing to donate bandwidth to
the project. The app could regulate how many hits each mirror gets,
depending on how much bandwidth that mirror has chosen to donate.

It could go something like this: I have x megs/month to spare on my
hosting plan. I want to help evolt, so I click on a "donate bandwidth"
button, enter how much I can donate (x megs/month), download a browser
in need of a home, upload it to my site, provide a URL to the beo app,
the beo app checks the URL to make sure it's good, and then the beo app
makes sure that only x megs/month is transferred from that mirror.

Thoughts?

Beau