[Theforum] Re: [the****] Spam Email to my Evolt address?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Aug 22 09:27:35 CDT 2002

> if they can get around *that*, they can already get
> everyone's address because they're on the emails people send

spam bots and web site scrapers do not usually subscribe to lists

> especially when (as was pointed out the other week)
> he sometimes does it himself

once -- i did it once, john, and have tried hard not to do it since

so i'm not perfect -- this allows open season on me?

> the OTT hostility was a little uncalled for I think.

excuse me?  i do not believe i was the one who initiated hostilities

was this "over the top" or hostile? --
http://lists.evolt.org/thechatarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020812/3612230.html

how about this? --
http://lists.evolt.org/thechatarchive/Week-of-Mon-20020812/3612236.html

> And no, I don't think William overreacted in response.

you, too, are entitled to your opinion

my reasonable request for a little courtesy was met with scorn and disdain

somebody farts in an elevator, i suggest people not do that, and i'm told
it's my fault for having a sensitive nose? people are gonna fart in an
elevator, so learn to deal with it and shut the fuck up?

you people are all looking at life through the wrong end of the telescope

> But:  in either case this constitutes behaviour we
 > would not permit to continue if it was on thelist.

do you mean exposing people's email ids inconsiderately and unnecessarily,
or defending one's right to request they don't do that?

rudy