[Theforum] Re: [Fwd: evolt.org permanant funding]

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Wed Sep 4 16:39:23 CDT 2002

Ron Dorman <rwd at csi1st.net> wrote:
> Erika,
>
> chill a bit.  read again.  when i get the review link posted, look at
> the site and what we are trying to accomplish.  you are welcome to
> your scepticisim and questions, but there is much more in the
> archives than you turned up, and we need not try to kill something
> that could help evolt.org due to misinformation and assumption.

Ron,

forgive Erika (and myself) if this is something that the Evolt
leadership and members have been discussing.  we apparently must have
missed the discussion.

i'm also *extremely* put off by multi-level marketing hype, wasn't
immediately familiar with your name, and assumed this was spam, if a bit
more customized and cleverly crafted than most.

a quick visit to http://www.vteamtechnologies.com did little to allay my
concerns, as it seems to endlessly promise wealth from "your own
internet business" but lacks anything like specifics.

so again, if Evolt *is* considering joining this "marketing network" as
an "affiliate", and hopes to fund itself via the "downline sales" that
result from referring it's membership to such an all-hype site like
www.vteamtechnologies.com and if Evolt wants to do that, i apologize for
both of us.  Evolt may do that if it wishes to i suppose, though it
would be a bit embarrassing.  but if it looks like a
get-rich-quick-scheme, and if it talks like a get-rich-quick-scheme...
all the phrases in quotes in this paragraph are part of the spam
triggers in all the latest good spam-filtering software for a reason.

-dave