[Theforum] Re: [Fwd: evolt.org permanant funding]

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Wed Sep 4 17:07:45 CDT 2002

David Kaufman wrote:

>Ron Dorman <rwd at csi1st.net> wrote:
>
>>Erika,
>>
>>chill a bit.  read again.  when i get the review link posted, look at
>>the site and what we are trying to accomplish.  you are welcome to
>>your scepticisim and questions, but there is much more in the
>>archives than you turned up, and we need not try to kill something
>>that could help evolt.org due to misinformation and assumption.
>>

>Ron,
>
>forgive Erika (and myself) if this is something that the Evolt
>leadership and members have been discussing.  we apparently must have
>missed the discussion.

that's ok, just follow the links dean provided.

>i'm also *extremely* put off by multi-level marketing hype, wasn't
>immediately familiar with your name, and assumed this was spam, if a bit
>more customized and cleverly crafted than most.

not spam.  just a hosting service that will donate 10% of the hosting
fees back to evolt.org.

>a quick visit to http://www.vteamtechnologies.com did little to allay my
>concerns, as it seems to endlessly promise wealth from "your own
>internet business" but lacks anything like specifics.

vteamtechnologies.com is not associated with the affiliate program.  it
is an introductory site  for people that have been to a siminar or
meeting and have asked for access.  on it's own it will do little for you.

>so again, if Evolt *is* considering joining this "marketing network" as
>an "affiliate", and hopes to fund itself via the "downline sales" that
>result from referring it's membership to such an all-hype site like
>www.vteamtechnologies.com and if Evolt wants to do that, i apologize for
>both of us.

evolt.org has not been invited to join a marketing network.  evolt.org
will not be asked or required to join anything.  members of evolt.org
are being offered a way to support evolt.org's monetary needs.  if you
want to support evolt.org, host a site/s in the affiliate program and
the hosting company donates 10% of the hosting revenue to evolt.org.

>  Evolt may do that if it wishes to i suppose, though it
>would be a bit embarrassing.  but if it looks like a
>get-rich-quick-scheme, and if it talks like a get-rich-quick-scheme...
>all the phrases in quotes in this paragraph are part of the spam
>triggers in all the latest good spam-filtering software for a reason.

that may well be true.  it was just an email from my brother saying what
he feels about evolt.org.  he didn't know anything about us until the
admin group said they would be interested in an affiliate program and i
started working on it.  he wanted to know what evolt.org was about and i
told him and gave him the links to visit and see for himself.  he wants
to help.

Ron D.