[Theforum] Affiliate Hosting Site Review #1

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Sep 8 18:59:54 CDT 2002

From: "Ron Dorman" <rwd at csi1st.net>

| We are ready for the first review of a site built for an Affiliate
| Hosting Program for evolt.org.
|
| The site is not pretty yet because we felt it was more important to get
| the functionality working and stable to begin generating revenue as soon
| as possible

[snip]

| Go to http://ez-profits.com

-  -  -  -

i'm way out of touch with evolt.org atm but try to scan emails every now
and then.

I like the affiliate hosting program concept and value your work Ron, but
there are three things that i feel are important points for any affiliate
program we'll do:

* it has to be elegantly designed.
elegant design is the essential way to create any kind of interest in
participation.
the evolt.org special look/feel is an idea that is worth considering.

* it has to be the farthest it can be to looking and/or feeling like a
spam.
and i must admit ez-profits.com is an url and a concept that screams spam
to me.

I know that i probably have to accept something like this if we are to
generate some income, but i feel i need a bit more info before i can say
run with it.

what does ez-profits do?
(i know what their about page says, but that is telling me little about
their line of business, except that ez-profits is probably a "passive"
business ;)
and what is their gain in this affiliate hosting program.
(it's normal to have one, just like to know theirs)

there's a little voice in my head saying that ez-profits is an unnecessary
middle man in any affiliate hosting we might be able to establish, but i
might be wrong -- i'd like being wrong, for once.
i honestly like the idea, but feel like ez-profits, as presented on their
website wouldn't be a positive addition to our reputation while an
affiliate hosting program might.

elfur
*the distant one*