[Theforum] [xxxsite] Opportunity

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Oct 2 14:37:24 CDT 2002

> Seeing that one of the founding principles of evolt.org was to
> get away from commercial ventures, I'd say we should respect that.

+1

here's one example of several sites that started out with good intentions
and ended up selling their soul for a few ducats?

   Database Journal
   For the last few months, the staff at Jupitermedia.com
   has been developing a database-focused Web site that
   will embrace the entire database sector.  As part of the
   launch, we are consolidating the existing sites, SQLWire,
   SQLcourse and the SQL section of Swynk.com, into the
   new site. But that's just the beginning...
            http://databasejournal.com/

i'd prefer that evolt cut back its services to those it can afford ad not
accept corporate sponsorship to maintain existing services

rudy