[Theforum] announcement to send (was: Affiliate Hosting Program Fund Raising)

David U. davidu at everydns.net
Wed Oct 23 14:36:38 CDT 2002

Ron Dorman wrote:
> I just finished talking with the supporter and would like to see if we
> can change the last paragraph to something like:
>
> If you're looking for a hosting company, please consider NetWorth's
> hosting service.  They have expended time and money to quickly provide
> funding for evolt.org.  They have also agreed to change the domain
> name and enhance the services while the temporary domain
> (ez-profits.com <http://ez-profits.com> ) is used to immediately
> fund some evolt.org services.

This part has nothing to do with evolt. I'd cut it.  The time and money they
have expended is not really our concern since they are still doing this to
make money for themselves as a company.  For every customer that evolt sends
them, they are getting the MAJORITY of the money, and we get a kickback.

That paragraph makes them seem a little too saintly for my taste.

-davidu