[Theforum] announcement to send (was: Affiliate Hosting Program Fund Raising)

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Wed Oct 23 15:55:41 CDT 2002

David U. wrote:

>Ron Dorman wrote:
>
>>I just finished talking with the supporter and would like to see if we
>>can change the last paragraph to something like:
>>
>>If you're looking for a hosting company, please consider NetWorth's
>>hosting service.  They have expended time and money to quickly provide
>>funding for evolt.org.  They have also agreed to change the domain
>>name and enhance the services while the temporary domain
>>(ez-profits.com <http://ez-profits.com> ) is used to immediately
>>fund some evolt.org services.
>>

>This part has nothing to do with evolt. I'd cut it.  The time and money they
>have expended is not really our concern since they are still doing this to
>make money for themselves as a company.  For every customer that evolt sends
>them, they are getting the MAJORITY of the money, and we get a kickback.
>
>That paragraph makes them seem a little too saintly for my taste.

No problem, I was trying to find something better than "(regrettable
name, we know) from the original copy, and explain that it is only
temporary.  As far as sounding to "saintly", I don't mind dropping it,
but they have done a lot to help evolt.org and are trying to get a fund
raising project going to help more.  Since this could produce a lot of
funding I think we need to avoid to much negativity about the name.  We
don't want to turn people away unnecessarily.

Funding is something we need badly and could have had this thing
generating funds several weeks ago.  Let's get a decent announcement,
let people know the domain will be changing along with enhancements.

Ron D.