[Theforum] ASAP [Fwd: RFP: css-discuss hosting]

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Thu Nov 7 21:59:00 CST 2002

At 06:02 PM 11/7/2002, Joel Canfield typed:
> > Ken Kogler wrote:
> > > With that in mind, we might just want to host it in it's
> > current form,
> > > tack on a footer ("list services provided by evolt.org")
> > and leave it
> > > at that...
> >
> > Sorry I didn't make it clearer, that's the way I'd want it to
> > be hosted too. And I'm sure the way Mr Meyer would also like
> > it hosted. The only evolt involvement as such I would think
> > would be maybe the footer like you suggest and the occasional
> > mail out asking for donations to help keep us up as get sent
> > to the other lists we host.
> > --
> > Lach
>
>Yeah, exactly.
>
>I think it's an excellent opportunity to connect ourselves with Eric and a
>darn good list.

I agree. It would be great, and of all the lists around to host, this would
certainly be a terrific one of choice. I'm also sorry to hear that Eric's
been having a problem at all.

>What's the feasibility? Hardware, admin, bandwidth, etc.?

That's the catch, of course. So if it's feasible, it would be great to do.

>I don't know nothin' 'bout configuring no mailing lists, but if my meager
>skills can be of service I think it's a worthy cause, for evolt.org and for
>the web in general.

Meager skills?! Yeah, right...

Kind offers all the way around. :-)

Warmly,