[Theforum] Books for prizes/review

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Nov 13 23:06:04 CST 2002

At 10:42 AM 14-11-02, isaac wrote:

>Personally, I think it's quite horrendously overpriced, but it DOES have a
>couple of pictures of my cat in it...

Phew! That makes it all worthwhile then :p

(btw, I hope you're not taking your cat on your vacation. I'm allergic to
them.)

>I think we could get better results by picking 1 person each
>week/fortnight...

One every week. Fine. 5 copies... a bit more than a month. Guess that's OK.
Better to do that while your book is still "new" and "hot".

>Then, if we're on the last day or so of a week/fortnight, and no one's
>pitched in, we re-announce and tell them that someone who rushes through a
>donation is going to be very lucky and could pick up a $50RRP book for $25,
>etc.

Shall I write the announcement then?

Regards,

Madhu
PS: Funny your regular contract says only 5 copies free. The standard book
contract usually has 10 copies. Maybe it's because there are more authors.

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy