[Theforum] another affiliate?

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 15 10:36:04 CST 2002

Lachlan wrote:

>the more the better, as long as their hosting meets a certain standard,
>I say. :)

It seems Ben's service has a certain niche which might be attractive
to our bloggers, which would help differentiate his services from
Ron's.

Since no one's against the idea, what should I tell Ben? Seems we
should suggest he set up the affiliate page for review, and request a
summary of his offer & features for us to link to on the site.
Anything else?

Madhu wrote:

>While on that topic, do you think we should attempt to at least set some
>minimum standards in terms of ping times, connection time, etc.? There are
>tools to do all that. If a hosting company has a ping time of say, 600ms,
>we should let it go, what?

I agree that it's helpful if we have some standards in place. Can
someone suggest what those standards might be?

Thanks,
Marlene