[Theforum] Re: [theproject] evolt.org dns down..?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Nov 29 20:27:15 CST 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> Sorry to put a downer on a holiday weekend, but everything's off air
> through lack of DNS.
>
> We also seem to have lost John's secondary DNS:
>
>    Domain Name: EVOLT.ORG
>    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
>    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
>    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
>    Name Server: NS3.CSI1ST.NET
>    Name Server: NS4.CSI1ST.NET
>    Updated Date: 25-jul-2002
>
> Neither of those nameservers are responding to pings.

I don't think mine or John's currently active secondaries have been added,
although my service is now getting zone axfr information - I think it would
make sense to add both as dual secondaries ...

can't remember john's nameserver address(es) off the top of my head -
ns.newmediawhore.com rings a bell - John, feel free to smack me about the
head with the right answer.  My acceptable secondary dns nameserver is
ns1.gradwell.net.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like