[Theforum] this one's for eric meyer (he's here, right?)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Dec 12 23:38:06 CST 2002

At 10:57 AM 13-12-02, Lachlan Cannon wrote:
>I suppose the alternative would be to put a select box on the contact
>form so that people can select they're talking about CSS-d or evolt, and
>css-d ones get sent to Eric's admin address. We'll probably still get
>some, however...

A lonnng time ago, I had suggested that we have a dropdown so that people
could specify what the mail was about. Mails could then be routed according
to that. So if it was an MEO problem, for example, it could go straight to
sysadmin. If it was about articles, it could come straight to content. If
it was about list subscription, it could go straight to thelist-admin. If
it was a web development problem, you could politely tell them to ask on
thelist. :)

It could be implemented without much work. What do you think?

I'm CC'ing this to desdev too.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy