[Theforum] this one's for eric meyer (he's here, right?)

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Fri Dec 13 09:22:27 CST 2002

At 21:58 -0500 12/12/02, aardvark wrote:

>actually, the email is for eric, but i also wanted to note that it
>looks like some people might try to contact the css-discuss list
>through the evolt.org contact form...
>
>i think this might be related to the fact that i couldn't find an
>admin address anywhere on the css-discuss.org site...

    Yeah, I should add something.  My concern is that putting the
address on the server will get it spambotted.  Is there a plug-n-play
script at which I could point a form, and have it e-mail the
administrator?  Something simple would do, and if I knew either Perl
or Python I'd write it myself.

>While I don't manage the css-d list, and since it's only getting
>hosting space from evolt.org, I can get this message to the
>appropriate people and ideally they can look into it.

    Having looked, his address is still subscribed.  I've been getting
sporadic subscribe/unsubscribe problems; one guy kept getting Python
error messages when he tried to access his account, even though it
was there and I didn't when I logged into his account using his
password.  Is this something that just happens from time to time?

--
Eric A. Meyer  (eric at meyerweb.com)  http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Author, "Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide,"