[Theforum] note from Nick Bradbury

Marlene Bruce marlene at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 11 14:59:15 CST 2003

>Well... if you're talking about ahem, "third world" countries, $5 *would*
>be a more realistic figure.
>
>If we later drop it to $5, it *might* be seen as a desperate move -
>"They're not getting a lot of money so they're lowering the threshold." (Or
>perhaps I'm paranoid.)

Worth considering. Anyone else with an opinion (please)?

>See what the Blogger/MovableType folks do on their site? Instead of
>"recently updated weblogs", we make a "evolt.org supporters" roll with the
>names/userid of the last 10 donors, with hyperlinks to their sites if
>necessary. On the main page.

Not a bad idea, only personal URLs aren't included in the PayPal info
I receive. Still, listing people is a good idea. But how will we know
if someone wants to remain anonymous?

>Could we also think of some way of announcing this on weo without doing an
>article on it?

A blurb below the donation bar should do it.

>Damn... there's so much stuff that we need to change in the site design
>that we better make a list of them for the redesign.

Feel free to add anything to:
http://freezope2.nipltd.net/acorn/evolt/InformationArchitecture

Marlene