[Theforum] evolt.org revamp comment period open

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Feb 1 15:38:46 CST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Marlene Bruce wrote:

> >| It's like it's own little island. My vote would be to drop it and make
> >| the evolt.org member features more involved, so they come more under the
> >| weo umbrella. Pretty much as you laid it out.
> >
> >allthough, i must admit $10 pr month is pretty steep, i couldn't afford
> >that on my current salary.
> We'll have to take the exact price under advisement.

Yes. But it'll be worked out as a balance between price and number of
people who'll take it up. The answer *has* to come out high enough to pay
for the greater part of our hosting costs. That's viability.

> Monthly at $10 may indeed be too high (I pay that for my personal site
> hosting).
> For those who don't feel they can pay $10/month:

Think about how much you spend on beer monthly... It'll of course vary in
different countries, but here, that's *one* (small) round of drinks.
> * What price sounds good to you? $5? $2?
> * If the price were, say $3/month, would you be willing to pay that
> in one yearly sum of $36 (with refunds available if you cut your time
> short)?

Or to put it another way, the price will likely get discounted for those
who pay annually in advance because of
a) Paypal fee structure
b) Interest