[Theforum] evolt.org revamp - VOTE

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 16:49:45 CST 2003

Hi All:

It seems like we have a large consensus in agreement to our evolt.org
revamp project.

The main presented points are:

- Move towards a new hosting environment in order to dramatically reduce
our current hosting costs.

- Move out of Oracle DBs to avoid licensing problems and costs

- Transform members.evolt.org into something that is more of a community
building service (evolters.org), while doing the best to offer painless
transfer (away) options to our current m.e.o. users.

- Find ways for the evolters.org service to generate steady income to
keep evolt.org stable in the long term.

- Redesign our front end coding to offer yet better levels of usability
and compatibility with standards.

You can read the full proposal at:
http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20030127/006988.html

By this note, we are calling a simple YES / NO vote to have a tangible
agreement before proceeding to define the details in the particular
subgroups. The vote closes on Friday this week.

If you're interested in having a say and giving a hand in these huge
tasks, you can join our committees:

- Marketing http://lists.evolt.org/marketingarchive/