[theforum] [was-thelist] evolt.org down?

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Tue Apr 29 20:54:24 CDT 2003

<quote who="John Handelaar">

> And, without removing any due kudos *at all* from Jeff's
> efforts with WEO during either the recent period or
> before, I could never construct a more compelling reason
> for a change of host and/or platform than that.

Seconded.

If I had to reinstall software and reconfigure it after a crash I'd look
for a new OS.  Jeff's a smart guy and if he had to do that much surgery on
a box after a cold power-off then something's seriously wrong.

Is it feasible that if we got CFMX running on a linux box with a database
backend that evolt.org's CMS would work?  If so, I think we have a
dedicated box we can use for weo at our non-profit colo (we may also have
a spare solaris box if that's preferred).  This is something the sysadmin@
group could manage and maintain.

-davidu