[theforum] amazon, evolt, and all their friends in syndication

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 09:09:45 CDT 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 02:37  pm, Isaac Forman wrote:

> What about a shorterURL-style redirect on our own site. Like:
>
> http://evolt.org/book/2342343433/
>
> That way we can track how many people have gone to look at the book
> via our
> recommendation.

Sounds interesting - although you do get a report from the Associates
login, it's handy to check it from your *own* data...

Also handy if we ever decide to recommend books with someone else other
than Amazon.

...and here was me just thinking "If we're doing a redesign,
requirements capture would be handy about now..."