[theforum] movement for redesign

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Mon Aug 11 17:56:24 CDT 2003

> QUESTION: What (if anything) would you like to see changed in the way
> comments are *presented*, especially when there's a humunguous
> lot of them?

I think that we could highlight quality comments. I'd rather do this by
having people from the content team just flagging comments instead of a
full-scale rating system.

> The task group structure has been in place for over a year now
> and I'd like
> to know how it works in practice. From Elfur's mail I get the
> idea it isn't
> really working splendidly, but I interpret Martin's mail as
> saying that the
> system does work.

I don't think that they've necessarily worked, but then I haven't had the
time to really be involved and that may have affected a few groups slightly.

Can I also say that as much as I want evolt.org to continue indefinitely, I
don't read the site very often at all, I'm not subscribed to thelist any
longer, I delete most threads from thechat, etc.

> I think you should allow for slightly more time. It's still
> holiday season,
> so some people who are willing to be Chief Whip might still be away from
> their computers.

I am in a position to cover design if people are happy with that. I hurt
physically after every shift at work, but I have time to spend outside of
that.

isaac
(currently working as a barman in Scotland)