[theforum] movement for redesign

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 07:40:21 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 01:26  pm, Isaac Forman wrote:

> Concept for Work.
>
> http://www.triplezero.com.au/production/evolt/evolt_work.gif

Yep I like it. Seeing the 2nd site, I now get the colour coding of the
3 areas.

Think the white-on-green links are still too low contrast, though they
look nice.

I like that deo has been integrated into work, rather than sitting on
its own, and jobs separated out from other articles.

> WORK
>  - lists
>  - articles
>  - tips
>  - directory
>  - jobs
>  - code repository

Sounds fine. Although tips are like mini-articles, so how different are
they?

> TEST
>  - browser archive
>  - site review board (post a link, get people to check it in
> browser/platform you don't have, critique?)

2nd one gets handled on thelist not sure how useful it is on the web.
Alternatively that's just pulled from thelist archives  with comments
addable?

> PLAY
>  - evolter bios
>  - evolters mess space (recipes)
This is almost like self-publishing articles, so they can either
a) be developed here and then submitted to the main site
b) Just live here and have only the author's name behind them, not the
evolt.org imprimatur

>  - evolter news (i got a job, i'm going on holiday, etc)
blog-stuff? Photos too imo

>  - events
Personal and joint - either's good.

>  - the evolters list (thechat renamed)
>  - gear/tagwear

> I'm just wondering if the frontdoor of evolt.org should be Work, or if
> it
> should be a taste of everything. (I think latter -> featured
> evolter/evolters promo, calendar, hot discussions, featured articles,
> jobs?,
> sites to review, tagwear promo).

I think that'd work better as a 'whole community' face, but I'm a bit
worried about it seeming like a splash page... need to see it I think

--
Now playing on iTunes: "Flamenco oriental" by Dalida