[theforum] movement for redesign

Isaac Forman isaac at bigtrip.org
Wed Aug 13 06:31:10 CDT 2003

> Like it.  Although I'm quite sure google correctly reacts to 30x and while
> retaining the 'old' address in the index, it correctly spiders
> the content,
> and when you click thru from your results, you go to the new url - google
> has done this with links to my old URL (which has a sitewide
> Redirect on it)
> for a while now.

I'd prefer that we kept our article URLs the same. They're briefer as
evolt.org/article/12/123/ than as work.evolt.org/you/get/my/point/.

It can be justified that work.evolt.org is the first/default state of
evolt.org. Yes, the frontdoor might change, but articles/tips/lists are/will
be our most important content.

isaac