[theforum] movement for redesign

Lachlan Cannon lach at illuminosity.net
Wed Aug 13 09:18:15 CDT 2003

Garrett Coakley wrote:
  > Hope you don't mind Isaac, but I've done a little mockup just to see
if I
> was thinking straight.
>
> http://polytechnic.co.uk/evolt/evolt_work-header_moved.png

Based on that I fiddled some more and came up with

http://illuminosity.net/test/evolt_work-header_2.png

I think the login fits in much better, but the search is still looking
for a home. But also, I think the search needs to lose the options
lists. a) they take up far too much screen real estate b) they're
unnecessary. the default search should use smart options, and then if
people need to refine their search they should be given further options.

Also, maybe those options could be stored in their user profiles. (ie,
luminosity prefers 10 results per page).
--
Lach
http://illuminosity.net/